Saturday, February 2, 2013

Food!

Hello!

I have been quite busy this week and haven't really had a chance to blog but I really wanted to show you what I've been eating the last few days as I have been attempted to do the Whole30.

Whole30 is a Paleo Diet challenge where you go a whole month with out ingesting irritants. So no sugar, no grains (includes rice, oats, wheat, so on), no dairy, no legumes, no soy, no white potatoes, no peanuts, no processed foods, no alcohol.  The idea is to eat whole, real foods, meat, seafood,eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and good fats from fruit, oils, nuts and seeds. No snacking, just whole meals.


It is quite a challenge for me, as someone who was previously a vegan and is still quite a picky eater to do this, as I have to reconstruct my whole diet which is heavily based on grains, but I really want to make my diet more healthier and I want to stop feeling sick and I suspect it may be grains or gluten that may be causing my digestive problems. I believe that by following this Whole30 program that I will be healthier and feel better.

I don't eat eggs (only in mayonnaise , I don't eat pork (never have) or red meat. I only eat chicken (breast) and fish (cod, bass) so I have really limited myself in this diet, but I am willing to try new things.

Today is day 3 and I'm feeling really good. I'm struggling with breakfast as most people on Whole30 have bacon, eggs, sausages, where as I've just been having my regular spinach, banana, blueberry and strawberry smoothie and maybe a few carrot sticks. I really need to decide on a protein source for breakfast. Maybe turkey bacon.
Sorry for the quality of the photos, they are from my phone. I wish cameras had taste-o-vision because I cannot describe how tasty all these meals were. I love cooking.



Day 1 - Dinner

This was day ones dinner, roasted chicken breast marinated in balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and garlic with a lemon zest and juice dressing with roasted cherry tomatoes. The side is roasted sweet potato with rosemary and garlic. It was delicious.




Day 2 - Dinner

I made this for myself and friends. Chicken breast with a herb paste consisting of onion, garlic, thyme, oregano, ginger, nutmeg, olive oil, salt and pepper. Accompanied by pan friend asparagus, mushroom and sundried tomatoes and roasted sweet potato with garlic and rosemary.



Day 3 - Lunch

Chicken thighs with onion, lemon, garlic and thyme with a side salad. 


I went to the fish mongers today so I plan to cook cod for dinner, very excited, never cooked fish before.
I hope to do this for a whole 30 days. I recommend you check it out if you want to clean up your diet!

More about Whole30 here.

Love Nee x











4 comments:

  1. thanks for following me! Followed back! :)

    http://fantasyfashioned.blogspot.de/
    xx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It really was, I've been lazy and haven't photographed the other meals but I need to post recipes at some point! x

      Delete