Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New Year, New Beginnings

Hello everyone!

I have been absent from writing in this blog for over half a year due to my personal life going to shit. I don't want to talk about it in my blog because I'm still very sensitive about it, but I thought  I would take the opportunity of the new year to start fresh which is why I've decided to take advantage of a Groupon deal for a 3 day juice cleanse from Soulmatefood


I already started drinking some, I couldn't help myself!



Soulmatefood is a diet delivery service that focuses on fresh, all natural, healthy and personalised meals to help you achieve your goals easily. They offer different types of diet plans whether it be weight loss or weight gain, including the juice cleanse that I am doing.

The juice cleanse is for 3 days and contains 6 different types of juices that you drink every 2 hours plus 6 glasses of water in-between  The juices are around 200 calories per juice and they are all whole fruit and vegetables so no missing out on important fibres, nutrients and vitamins.

The menu is as follows:
Juice 1 - Carrot, Orange, Ginger & Superfoods
Juice 2 - Pineapple, Banana & Coconut
Juice 3 - Anioxident Blend, Cherries &Mixed Berries
Juice 4 - Raspberry and Pomegranite
Juice 5 - Orange, Mango, Passionfruit & Goji Berry
Juice 6 - Strawberry & Banana

So far the juices have been tasty and filling, quite surprisingly. I will update and let you know how I get on!

Love Nee x





10 comments:

  1. Hi just found your blog. Great post!! One of my new years resolutions is to keep healthy and active, these juices sound perfect. Juice no.4 & 5 sound so tasty! Also I've started doing blogilates videos on youtube - look 'em up, they're so fun haha :D

    If you have a chance, take a look at my blog? if you like we could follow each other? :) Lucy xx

    www.behind-clothes-doors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing so well being healthy and active but my life became dramatically different and I gained half of what I lost. I'm hoping this will give me the discipline and willpower to stick to it again. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. i did this diet last year & sorry to say it (especially since i spent about £80 on the 5 day cleanse!) but it is a rip off. these juices aren't fresh or special in anyway. they're from sainsburys where a 1 litre bottle of each juice costs about £2.50. it does work in terms of losing a few pounds but they are just full of sugar & the weight goes back on as soon as you start eating again :/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline, I thought they tasted like Innocent smoothies and super sweet (I've had a whole days worth now since I blogged this morning)
      I assume any weight lost would be water weight, but I thought it would be a good start to starting a new way of eating after. I thought I would do Whole30 after I finished.
      It's good to hear another opinion on it so thank you.

      Delete
  3. Idid this twice with groupon offer too... Got to say I started to feel a bit week on day 3 but the juices do taste nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing okay at the end of day 2 now. I did have a friend wave KFC in my face andI got a bit grumbly. Don't think I could do it for 5 days though!

      Delete
  4. this sounds yummy!
    www.paleskinanddoelikeeyes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit sweet for my taste! Thanks for your comment x

      Delete
  5. I love doing the juices. I would make one with spinach, bananas, and carrotts. It was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do prefer making my own. My breakfast staple is baby spinach, banana and strawberries! I love the idea of carrots in there!

      Delete