Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Update January

Time is going so quickly, I can't believe its February already!
January was a busy month just trying to get back into routine, start eating healthier and organise when I'm going to study this year (and what... oh gosh a whole another story there!)
We spent a day going to the museum, we wanted to go to the natural history museum but there was a long line to get in, so we ended up going to the V&A museum, which has a good collection of things to look at. There was a horrible food selection and it was very pricey (like most museums I have been to in London) It was also Waitangi day, which is a New Zealand day signifying the treaty being signed to lket Maori people have the same rights as the British. So there were loads of expats  in the city, and last year I took a picture with a Kiwi flag, so I thought I would keep the tradition alive. (I'm not a New Zealander, my daughter is, and we love New Zealand <3)
Waitangi Day in London (Sloane Square)

Recently we've had snow in London, it was my first experience with snow falling and I love it, it was magical and cold! It kept falling over night and settled on the ground so in the morning it was surreal to wake up and everything looked like it was covered in foam! We went out into our backyard and had fun making snowmen, hurling snowballs and just being silly! L loved snow and it is her new favourite word.


Lily and her first snow!

I have also started to learn to play the ukelele, I have a friend who plays and he had a spare so he's lent it to me and the first day I had it, it broke! Grr, but that was after I had been practicing and my fingers are so sore and hard from holding the strings. I'm going to hot glue and screw it back together, so I hope that works.


Morning Ukelele playing

My skins seems to have healed from my horrible traumatic experience with DiorSnow gentle cleansing foam,  I got really bad eczema on my neck, so I discontinued use (annoyingly it was so expensive and smells really good) I picked up a Simple cleanser and some E45 cream and that seems to have helped clear it completely. I just received my Elemis Tri Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash because I hope to even my skin tone and help lighten my scars. Also my lovely pink GHD of 4 years is now broken. I went to straighten my hair and it singed my hair of at the root instantly, so all my hair was stuck to the GHD and  I have a section where my hair has changed colour and is all short and gross. The temperature gauge must have been broken. I wrote to GHD customer service, but I haven't heard back. I just part my hair on the other side now. But I need a new straightener and I'm looking into getting a Cloud Nine

My poor burnt hair.


Other than that, things I am looking forward to this month is Valentines Day, we're going to be doing a special family day, and I don't know what it is yet. Also my husband makes me presents every year, one year he made a treasure hunt and another year he made a series of puzzles like Sudoku and word finds that had a theme of things to do with our relationship. So I can't wait to see what he does this year.

I have a few things on my wish list this month. I'm trying to figure out which mascara I want to get. I'm currently using one I got from Glossy or Carmine box, I can't remember, but I either way, Benefit Bad Gal or They're Real, Lancome Hypnose or Dior Show Blackout. I also lost both of my DiorAddict glosses, I am so upset because they are my favourite!
I also want to get a Clarisonic, Naked 2 palette, new set of makeup brushes and Mac lipstick (haven't decided what colours I want yet, but I'm thinking nude)

Have a good week everyone! 
Love Nee x



No comments:

Post a Comment