Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Camden, Glossy box and recent events.


I went to Camden last weekend for the first time and had a wander around all day. It was freezing but I had so much fun.
Camden is home to the famous Camden Market which are in 6 sections; Camden Lock Market, Historic Stables Market, Camden Lock Village, Buck Street Market, Electric Ballroom and Inverness Street Market.
I don't think I went to all these places, I'm not sure, I got lost wandering around in and out of stalls and up and down the high street just absorbing the sheer amount of diverse things for sale.
There is so much on offer here, you can get furniture, decorative, household, secondhand and antiques, hand crafted, clothing and accessories especially in the Historic Stables alternative sub-cultures are catered for it.
There were so many things I wanted to buy, but I didn't have enough money but I did have a mission to find some heart shaped glasses and I did pick up a Shamballa bracelet. I also found a cute bunny touch LED light (not pictured)



Camden Lock
(goes through to Stables)


Heart glasses and Shamballa bracelet

There is a variety of food on offer here, mostly around Camden Lock. I ate at Inspiral Lounge a vegan cafe. It was very busy in there, but had a beautiful view over the canal. There was lots of food to choose from, from menus, or you can buy premade food. I ended up getting a lasagna and a cookie. Both were delicious but expensive. So worth it though! They are open until late and have various events on such as live music. Definetly can't wait to go back and try everything else they have.



Thanks to the kind waitress taking my photo of me eating my lasagna.



I also have squirrel controlling abilities. I called this squirrel over and he ran over to me and then posed for ages on this tree! So adorable.



Valentines day this year was a quite one for us as I had been a bit sick. We stayed in had some take away and watched a bit a movie. I was surprised with a pink ukelele, so I spent most of the night restringing it and playing it



Pinkenlele needs a name.


After being bought a 99p pony by a friend and then being introduced to My Little Pony, L is now obsessed with them. I decided to surprise her and buy her some pony characters. She was so excited when she opened the box, and has not stopped playing with them, that was a few days ago now. She even takes them to bed at  night. 


Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Apple Jack


Also read lots of good things about the Tangle Teezer brush and decided to get the flower pot one for L and I to share because she hates having her hair brushed as its curly and gets very knotty. She loves it and now brushes her own hair.


Cute Flower Pot


Got my February Glossy Box and I really liked everything in my box this month. I've been really wanting to try Duwop Lip Venom so super excited about this. The nails seem to but a bit large for my tiny finger nails but I'll still try them out. The shower gel smells very strong of eucalyptus but its very nice, and the Paul Mitchell styling hair oil smells lovely of ginger, I think will be nice on my dry hair. I've never used loose eyeshadow, so we'll see how that adventure goes.
I still have my Carmine Box to come, so can't wait to see whats in there!



Glossy Box

I'm still sick this week, so I apologise for such a short post! I'm going to the doctors tomorrow so hopefully they'll figure out whats wrong with me.
This weekend I am off to Hyper Japan and I do plan to actually take photos this time, so expect lots next time!
Have a good week!
Love Nee x

10 comments:

  1. Oh! My little Ponys! I used to love them! Haha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for my late reply, my computer died and I just got my new one! We are living the new My little Ponies over here, since then we've gotten the rest of them :) Thanks for visiting my blog! x

      Delete
  2. How cool are the squirrels in London!? I loved them! Also cute picture of you eating the lasagne! I loved London so much, wish I was still living there! cute blog, following you now!
    x
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for my late reply, as I explained above I had a broken computer!
      I LOVE squirrels, they are so adorable and I cannot help my squeal everytime I see one! x Thanks for the follow sweets x

      Delete
  3. that looks like such a fun place to visit! i would love to check out what they have for sale! :)

    p.s. squirrels in london look so different compared to squirrels here in california. our squirrels are brown, fat, and quite scary, haha! ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Fashion To Figure Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd really love to go back ad rumage some more, especially the clothes :)
      I'd love to go to California but hopefully the squirrels won't attack me! x

      Delete
  4. I loooove shamballa bracelets :)

    ps. the duwop lipgloss is amazing, it gives a bee stung effect and the natural colour looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been loving my bracelet it matches everything I wear, but my daughter wants to wear it more! I've been wearing the Duwop lipgloss, I really like the feeling on my lips and the look, I find it really sticky!
      Thanks for the comment x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I did get over it, but today I have a tummy upset! Thanks for taking the time to comment x

      Delete